Friday, November 28, 2014

Writing and Reading Process I


I have to begin saying that my experience as a reader was not good. Let’s start talking about my childhood...


When I was a little girl my dad used to give me some books and usually he read them to me. He did not need a special date to give me that kind of presents because he really enjoyed spending his time reading and he wanted me to experiment what he felt. I could say it was very exciting for me. I really enjoyed reading with him or pretending to read because that stage began when I did not know how to read.


I continued growing up listening and reading those amazing stories but the most important thing was that I could share time with my father. One day everything changed.


My dad had to travel to Venezuela so I stayed with my mom and my brother that meant no more reading new books, there was nobody to read with, share the stories or listening any story. Then I did not read anymore because the only person who gave me the books, who shared that “special thing” with me was not there. That could sound stupid but it was what happened.


Later when I went to school it was very difficult for me because obviously I had to read but this time that will be different. Those texts were not interesting to me, on the contrary they were boring and I just read what I had to. There was no motivation just a grade to past the subject. That situation continued even when my dad come back I did not really pay attention to that and I continued with my academic reading that was very poor and superficial.


I wanted to start with that because that shows how my experience is nowadays.

No comments:

Post a Comment