Friday, November 28, 2014

Writing and Reading Process II


If I don’t feel comfortable reading in Spanish it would not be different in English. Contrary to this it would be even much harder.


First, most of the time, when I read in English it is because there are no more options. Once in a while I try to read a book of my interest but it is difficult for me and takes me too much time. 

I start reading the whole text making interferences about the meaning of the words that I don’t understand trying not to translate.


I know that it could be tedious but in my opinion if I don’t try to comprehend what I read by myself I am never going to be able to do it because all the time I am going to need a translator by my side when I read. Obviously I don’t feel comfortable because I think I am losing many details so I have to read again. I look for the meaning of those words and finally I make the last reading trying to comprehend what I already read.


On the other hand when I read in Spanish I have to be very concentrate to understand with the first reading but it depends too on the topic, if it is interesting to me I can do it quickly and I can understand what I read.


Now talking about writing, I really don’t like to write, that is the worst part I feel insecure I have to think a lot to find the “perfect” words to say something, I go around and around before to go to the point and sometimes I can’t go to the point. Express my thoughts in words is a very hard work, I just don’t like to write! In fact I try to avoid all the things that involve writing.

Clearly it is more difficult for me reading and writing in English.

No comments:

Post a Comment